Tuesday 10 July 2012

Feeling Sorry


Fanny Crosby was born totally blind. She lived up to 95years old and all that time she has never seen the light of the day. One thing that people admire about her was her determination to be independent. At the age of 8, Fanny wrote the below poem :

Oh What a happy child am I..
Although I cannot see..
Even the face of my sweet dear mother..
Nor make out the difference between light and night,
I am determined that in this world..
Happy shall I be..
For all the blessings I enjoyed..
That other people don't.

To weep inside my heart just because I am blind..
No, That I cannot and .. that I will not!

Stop feeling sorry for yourself.
Most people do not care about your troubles and the rest are just glad that you have them. When you come to that point in your life where you want to weep inside because something bad happened, say loudly to yourself: 'I cannot cry... and I will not cry!'

It is certainly easier to just give up and feel sorry for yourself. But that's it: Life is sometimes just flat tough. Stick to your dreams and go for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment