Saturday 18 August 2012

From A Child's Mouth


A primary school teacher asked her students to write an essay about what they would like God to do for them. At the end of the day, while marking the essays, one made her very emotional.

Her husband, who had just walked in, saw her crying and asked 'What Happened?'
The teacher read the essay that had touched her heart loudly to her husband:

'Dear God, today I would like to request something very special. Please turn me into a television set. I want to take its place. I want to have a very special place in my house and have my family around me.

I want to be taken seriously when I talk, to be the center of attention and be heard without interruptions or questions. I want to receive the same special care the TV gets when it is not working. I want to have the company of my dad when he comes home from work, even when he is tired.

And I want my mom to want me when she is sad or upset, instead of ignoring me. I want my brothers to fight to be with me. I want to feel the family leaving everything aside , every now and then, just to spend some time with me.

And last but not least, please make it that I can make them all happy and entertain them. Dear God, I don't want to ask you for much..I just want to live like a television set.'


The husband was horrified and said: 'Poor kid! What horrible parents!'
The teacher cried harder and said: 'That essay belongs to our son..'


No comments:

Post a Comment