Tuesday 21 August 2012

Shooting Star



Lawrence Woodruff: You know why I like to teach children, Jack? So I don't get so wrapped up in being an adult. So I can remember there are other things that are important in life - like riding a bike, playing in a tree house, splashing in water with your good shoes on. And you, my friend, were my most special student. And until recently, you were everything I ever wanted in a student. You were a shooting star amongst ordinary stars. Have you ever seen a shooting star, Jack?

Jack: No...

Lawrence Woodruff: It's wonderful. It passes quickly, but while it's here it just lights up the whole sky - it's the most beautiful thing you'd ever want to see. So beautiful that the other stars stop and watch. You almost never see one.

Jack: Why not?

Lawrence Woodruff: Because they're very rare. Quite rare. But I saw one. I did.

Jack: I just... want to be a regular star.

Lawrence Woodruff: Jack, you'll never be regular. You're spectacular.

*****************************

C: I just want to be a regular star too...

No comments:

Post a Comment