Thursday 9 February 2012

The Troubles Tree


A businessman hired his old carpenter to help him restore a farmhouse.
The carpenter had a rough first day on the job. A flat tire then made him lose an hour of work and now his ancient pick up truck refused to start.

While the businessman drove him home, the carpenter sat beside him in stony silence.
On arriving, he invited the businessman in to meet his family. As they walked to the front door, the carpenter paused briefly at a small tree, touching at the tips of the branches with his fingers.

When the carpenter opens the door, he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was all in smiles as he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

At the end of dinner, the carpenter walked the businessman to his car. They passed the small tree again and the businessman's curiosity got the best of him. He asked the carpenter about what he had seen the carpenter did earlier.

'Oh that is what I called my 'Trouble Tree', the carpenter told him. 'I know I can't help having troubles when I am working and in my life'. But one thing that I am sure of: troubles do not belong in the house with my wife and kids. So, I just hang my problems up on the tree every night when I come home. Then, in the morning, I pick them up again as i left the house.'

'Funny thing is, ' the carpenter smiled as he explains, 'when I come out in the morning to pick my troubles up, there are not nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.'

No comments:

Post a Comment