Thursday 2 February 2012

What I Need


I thought I knew all the answers
The way My life should go
And when I say my prayers
I would tell God so..

At times, It seems like God did not listen
And I thought God did not care
But looking back at it now
It's plain to see that God has always been there...

I had prayed for strength
But I got pain instead to make me strong
I had prayed for courage
But I was given fear to overcome..

I had prayed for faith..
Until my empty heart brought me to my knees
I do not always get what I want
As God gives me only what I need

It's not as easy as it seems
And sometimes it hurts so much
Especially when nothing seems to go my way
Or when nothing seems to work

They tell me that to get better
I must go with the flow
Accepting that sometimes
The answer to a prayer is 'No'

 I had forgotten the lesson
That everytime I had a door slammed in my face
In time, a better one was opened in its place

Oh, I don't get what I want
But I get what I need....

No comments:

Post a Comment